Thursday, August 14, 2014

dementia and mind disorders....

Worried about that silly dog....I worry about him all the time because I love and care about him...I certainly don't want anything to happen to him...I've had lots of sadness with losing dogs in the past, them getting ran over by cars in the road, getting sick, getting old etc....

The dog loves to roam around and I'm afraid that he might go across the road and get caught in a trap those idiot people across the road put on the ground and lose his leg/paw like that last poor old dog...he went across over there by the creek and was missing for a week...finally he appeared and his paw was gone....then there's coyotes who could get him at night and he's still a puppy and I don't want them to kill him.....then there's people who drive by way too fast at night and he's been chasing cars and he could easily get ran over....so what is a girl to do about this situation?....

I've been tying him up with a light weight rope/cord for dogs on his collar to keep him safe in the back yard and I think he needs to be at night and when I go to town....I just don't want anything to happen to him because it can happen so easily and I don't want anything to happen to him.....kinda stressful worrying about him getting hurt. :(

Thinking about my Grandpa and his mind lately....My Grandpa has been diagnosed with dementia and it's just from getting older...lots of people in the world have dementia....It's a mind disorder....and I know he is slower and I know he gets upset because he gets confused easily and he forgets things...I know that must be very upsetting and frustrating for him to not be able to remember things and not be able to think about things.....

The human mind is a very complicated thing and it's very delicate also...There's all kinds of medicines for mind disorders that people can take and need to continue taking to help their mind...I know it must be very upsetting when you can't think right or remember how to do simple things or know where you are at most times....and whenever he gets confused I understand that....

whenever people have dementia or other mind disorders they can have mood swings and throw temper tantrums and yell or anything...that's just how the human mind works and how the dementia or mind disorder affects it...so what you get is that you never really know how the person will be one day or the next day.My Grandpa doesn't scream or throw things....I think everyone with mind disorders or dementia have good days and bad days....

I can totally understand that and I do have compassion for people with dementia and mind disorders...Things like mind disorders are very serious and need to always be taken care of with medicines and with therapy....I think therapy is good for people with mind disorders...My grandpa doesn't take therapy because he suffers dementia...

There are all kinds of ways to strengthen people's mind when they suffer from dementia...Music therapy is one way and books that are simple and reading is one way that it can help train the mind...My Grandma doesn't suffer from dementia but she does lots of word search books everyday and she reads all the time....her mind is pretty sharp!!!....

you should always remember that when people have mind disorders or dementia that things are different for them and you need to think about that always because they feel different and see the world different than you do...you should always take extra time to listen to how they feel and how they want to do things their way and help them make the right decisions but not be pushy or hateful with them...you have to be considerate of their feelings and emotions....just help them make the right safe decisions in everything they do....

when you love someone with dementia or mental disorders you always want to help take care of them and help them do the right things and make the right choices to keep them safe....

the saddest thing I think is when your loved ones with dementia or mind disorders would be mean to you or forget who you are and that can be a tough thing to understand but sometimes that's what happens....it's not that they are wanting to be mean or hateful with your or even forget who you are...it's just the dementia or mind disorder...and I understand that.

love ya, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment