Thursday, August 21, 2014

mountain vacations........

Thinking about how much I would like to go see and visit some of the national parks and see the mountain ranges there....I like nature and one of my favorite things is sightseeing and taking pictures of the mountains in the distance

Whenever you are in the mountains or looking up at them you realize how small you are in this world...you know only God could make those mountains so tall and up in the sky like that..Whenever I look at them I see all the colors of the mountains against the sky and when they are snow covered they are very pretty!

there are things you need to be prepared for when you are going to go stay on vacation in the mountains and one of those things is called Altitude Sickness....When I went to New Mexico I was told about altitude sickness before I went..well I was warned about it!!!...haha!...Good thing I listened because when I went there a lot of people got light headed, dizzy and puked!!!

you shouldn't drink alcohol while there or while going there...I don't drink at all anyway, but alcohol is something you should avoid in the mountains...only makes you sicker they say....it confuses your mind worse while there.

it's very tough to breathe while there also, it puts a lot of pressure on your lungs sometimes...so if you smoke you shouldn't do that either...bad...I have never smoked so if you do you shouldn't...

I just prepared myself before I knew I was going, so a week ahead I started drinking only water and sports drinks like PowerAde/Gatorade.. and I chewed lots of chewing gum on my way there up into the mountains so my ears wouldn't pop so bad because the altitude makes your ears stopped up and they pop the whole time...it's funny! 

just drink lots of water.

I have been told that the further west you travel the higher the altitude and the higher you are climbing while driving and you don't really even know it...kind of weird when I think about that...so you start out in the lower altitude and travel and it gets to higher altitude when you go west...

it can affect your brain and your health once you get into the higher altitude and the mountain ranges so you should always be prepared for it by taking precautions and while in the mountains you need to make sure you keep yourself hydrated....

one of the funniest things about the altitude is that when you pack a suitcase and you have items in them that are packaged like chips or things in sealed bags or even toothpaste tubes they can explode because of the pressure of traveling into the high altitude!!! so avoid aerosol cans when packing your suitcase!

at a grocery store there where I went, all the chips and prepackaged food items were full of air and about to explode...it was funny but strange!

you won't be like a bag of chips and be full of air or anything unless you are full of hot air already!!!...Haha!!!

anyway I really like road trips and all that traveling....it's fun driving but it's always good to find an easier route that isn't confusing or makes you car sick!...lol....with your friends and family that you love and care about, road trips like that are always comfortable and most importantly a lot of fun...when you know they love and care about you as well..you can have fun together and laugh all the time and look at things and whatever you want to see that is pretty, or the gifts you buy to take back home with you to remind you of your vacation...

love, j.



No comments:

Post a Comment