Saturday, August 23, 2014

vegetables i like....

My Grandma has always told me that I need to eat vegetables...She has always made dinner for me when I was little and she has always made sure that we have had vegetables on the table...She will still tell me all about how important it is and healthy it is for you to eat vegetables every day because they are healthy for you....your body needs vegetables to function properly they have vitamins and all those good things you need...

My Great-Grandpa (her dad) when he was alive he always had the biggest prettiest garden you could have ever imagined and he grew all kinds of different vegetables in that pretty garden..i remember seeing it and it was very pretty...I don't know how he could grow so many different vegetables like that but it must have been the soil....

he grew just about every vegetable you could think of and I suppose that's why my grandma has always known all about eating vegetables to stay healthy...when my Great-Grandpa was alive, whenever I would get to go visit him he would always send home vegetables with us...so I learned all about all the different healthy vegetables since I was a little girl...

vegetables are always important to me to eat because they are some of my favorite foods.

Haha!....I'm being silly right now, so just for fun my favorite vegetables are:

green beans
tomatoes
broccoli
corn
beets.-I prefer them pickled! but also cooked normal.
turnips
potatos
asparagus
peas-chick peas and green peas
lettuce
carrots
yellow squash
okra
onion
mushrooms(if they're a vegetable?...lol)
radishes
black olives(are they a vegetable?...lol)
brown beans
bell peppers-all colors
jalapeno peppers
cauliflower
zucchini
bean sprouts
pumpkins--for pies, bread, cakes, decorating, (and of course I have a cute black cat named after this vegetable because of Halloween & Fall!...lol) so I suppose it's my favorite one!...haha

that's all I guess....but I like to eat vegetables all the time...they make me feel better when I eat them all the time....I'm so thankful my Grandma has always told me to eat vegetables my whole life and told me all about them....

love j.




No comments:

Post a Comment