Sunday, August 31, 2014

planting fall mums.....winter wheat?....

Thinking about those flowers called mums...they are ready to plant in the fall...I already saw a few of the mum plants on sale at the store yesterday!

They have all colors of the mum flowers...They have yellow, orange, gold, dark rust colored and white ones...I think if I can find them I will buy 2 plants...2 different colors, or 2 of the same color and set them in planters....

I can't decide yet what I will choose, but I know I won't be getting any of those mum flowers for a while until the weather gets cooler because I think right now that the sun will make them wither away...so I will wait on that...just thinking.

going to church today so I will have my usual sunday routine...I always look forward to getting coupons and looking at sale ads from the stores after church and having lunch with my Grandparents in town...it's always a lot of fun to read the sale ads on sunday and just look at things in the store for sale by reading the ads...

Stormy my calf is growing and she's been drinking lots of water and still eating those creep pellets I think I will be switching her to alfalfa pellets pretty soon and maybe some hay sometime...

almost time to plant winter wheat so my uncle is probably thinking about working up the land over here and then my Grandpa is probably going to have to start planting his too on his usual wheat field...

I remember one time a few years ago we went to help him and it was really cold and windy and that cold wind was blowing dust all over us and all in the air when it got planted...There were a bunch of dried up old sticker weeds all over the field and when we went to plow up the land the sticker weeds all got wrapped around the springtooth and we had to dig them out of there with a stick...it was dirty and dusty but I liked doing that!...lol..

I know to wear a dust mask whenever I go out there to help work on things like that but I don't know when we will be working on that or where....

going to church in a few hours.

hugs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment