Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Good-bye 2014 !!!.....

It's already New Years Eve...No plans for me tonight...eating something I have prepared and sleeping afterward..It's going to be very icy cold and freezing rain...I'm staying home tonight and I will probably just fix my favorite Southwest Dip with some packaged tortilla chips....I like restaurant style chips in the package...I make this every New Years Eve at home.

this is how I prepare my Southwest Dip:

1 can of fat free refried beans with a small amount of dry Taco seasoning mixed in.
2 or 3 mashed avocados
12 oz sour cream
2 chopped tomatos
1 chopped onion
1 can of sliced black olives
a package of cheddar cheese shreds

Layer in a 9 by 13 pan in order listed....To be eaten with tortilla chips.

For the New Year I know it is always very important for me to purchase a new calendar for the new year so I can start all over and say Good-bye to this past year...I always purchase a new wall calendar and hang it on my bedroom wall and I write all kinds of important things on it like doctor appointments, medicines/inhaler puffs taken at what time on what day, pet medicines/vaccines, Birthdays of loved ones, holidays with family and other important reminders..i write it with an ink pen and on the date block provided for that day I write what's going to need to be done on that day or will occur....

Calendars are a great way to keep yourself in check with your days and remind you what the date/day is and keep you informed all year..

I bought a wall calendar yesterday for $4...

I like to purchase inexpensive wall calendars every year with cute or beautiful pictures on them...I like the calendars with puppies/dogs and cats/kittens and other animals they are sweet! Landscapes are a favorite as well.

I also purchased a new word search book that was Garfield's word search..I remember that cartoon cat when I was a small child.... he also had a dog friend named Odie..I think they are cute!..i liked to watch the cartoon when I was a child as well..I think they would be cute on cat food or dog food products labels!!!....

anyway..i wish for wonderful things this new year that is going to be here tomorrow morning early!....I hope a million zillion good and beautiful things occur this new year and the world becomes a much safer, happier, peaceful place!

Best wishes for the New Year!

love, Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment