Sunday, April 17, 2016

baptism.....attending church...

jesus, crown of thorns

It's sunday so I am thinking about the day I got baptized many years ago, and how serious and very important that day was....I remember deciding one day that I wanted to always live my life for God and to be a good example to others by continuing to be a good person and follow God...I had never been baptized, and I had never taken part in awful things or anything, I just wanted to be baptized for me and to show God I am always going to follow him....I just knew that being baptized was something important I wanted to take part in...

I was immersed in the Baptismal, I had to wear a white robe and the preacher dunked me in the water....You can be sprinkled with water, they sprinkle babies and those who cannot be immersed due to many reasons they just sprinkle the water ontop of your head....

Many family members/friends were there when I was baptized....

It was a very important day...I remember it being very cold and I was shivering outside after church services....lol....cold but happy...

I know many people need to find God and know of Jesus, they are often times lost in life, and need that to ground you, and anchor you to something life changing, and that is learning to know God and Jesus and becoming apart of the church family, meeting good Christian people, who don't judge you for past mistakes, and I always want to be that good person encouraging others to make good decisions in life and let them know, I don't judge others for bad past mistakes....

many times churches are full of hypocrites and they are not true Christians at all, anyone who judges others and says they are too poor to attend their church or too sinful to attend their church and be baptized they're not true Christians!...ANY church on this earth belongs to The Lord, the doors should all be opened for anyone who wishes to know him, worship him, belong to the church, and be baptized, that's what churches are for!

I know so many people have been terrible, nasty, made stupid mistakes, BUT they need to also know that there is hope for them to start over and begin their life all new and sin free!....You have to always take church very serious and obey the Lord, read the Bible and learn more and more about God, Jesus and how to live your life right and good...End evil and bring goodness to the earth!

Being apart of a church family is a life changing experience when you know you will find good people there, there can be false Christians there in church too, and you always have to determine which ones are good and which ones are false/troublemakers...that goes on everywhere, and many bad people sometimes hide in the church and pretend to be good people, every church has this sometimes, and you will determine who is true and good.....we have to constantly attend church services and if you wish attend the Wednesday night meetings/activities and it will be fun and a nice way to socialize with others....churches are good...always be involved, everyone should be allowed to be involved and their opinions/ideas should matter....

Being baptized after being apart of awful things and wishing to clean up your life after this and many other bad things like addictions, being terrible to others, and all that bad stuff, you know that when you are serious and you pray, attend church, and you wish to be baptized that you are washed clean of your sins, and God knows that you ask for forgiveness from your terrible ways/habits...you have to keep attending church and walk the right and good paths in life always!.....

Jesus died on the cross so that you may be forgiven of your sins...so we should always know that we thank Jesus and we do good things on this earth for him, because he died for us to be forgiven of sins! 

I know that many people may be nervous about attending church, or think that people may judge them and I have seen this before with people new to my church in the past, no one should be nervous or afraid of being judged at church and don't be nervous about what to wear at church, God's not worried about your clothes...lol.... just dress properly and clean your clothes, bathe, smell nice....that's all you need to do sunday mornings....God wants everyone there at the churches everywhere..

taking part in church---all activities, and being very involved helps you to feel more comfortable at church....it is a nice way to get to know others and socialize in a good way, with like-minded others, invite your friends and family to church services and they may wish to always go to church with you, and maybe be baptized and/or join in the fun at church....

I like attending church I have for many years and I enjoy being very involved and letting others know my opinions/ideas at church meetings....there are many things to take part in at church and I will talk about those later... ;)

always take your baptism seriously and take attending church seriously...it is good for your life and everyone's life....

julie

No comments:

Post a Comment