Monday, April 11, 2016

food safety, refrigeration, cleanliness...

We ALWAYS need to be clean/safe with food...Cooking/Preparing, purchasing, any food item....

EXPIRATION DATES-----Too many times I have seen out of date expiration dates on food items for purchase, on the item's container/labels!!!..This nonsense should not go on in any place of business that has any kind of food for purchase!..IF the expiration date is over on any food item, it should be discarded/thrown in trash bin....these grocery stores are bad about leaving expired foods on shelves and displays for purchase...Fruits and vegetables spoil as well, they get mushy, and watery...*puke*....and they just pull a few leaves off of them and leave them!...spoiled/rancid/stinks! that should NOT go on anywhere!...

I ALWAYS check the expiration dates on any food item before I purchase it, the expiration dates are sometimes difficult to find on packaging/containers the food is placed in...sometimes under side of the package/container or on the side they are printed...Too many times people do not check the expiration dates, and they become ill with food borne illness, it's a waste of money, and makes you/me angry!....Always tell the business owners/workers that foods are spoiled and expiration dates are out!....A person needs to always purchase and use the food items a week/days before the expiration date is over to be completely certain that you do not become ill and the food is safe! ALL food items need their expiration dates to be checked!..Breads need to be checked and look out for nasty bread molds! Also before I purchase a carton of eggs I check for breaks in the egg shells and for broken eggs, then I close the carton back down..nasty rancidness!....I have seen that in many stores before!....These local grocery stores need to be updated, painted, rebuilt or torn down and start all over!....and to be very clean and never nasty!..i get so sick of the run down, nasty, corrupt ones!

Salmonella is a dangerous food borne illness, if you do not keep rancid foods in the trash cans, you may be seriously ill or even get intestinal worms if you ingest them! and you will get this also from not properly cooking your meats!....I always use a meat thermometer and to make very sure I completely cook the meats to a temperature of at least 200 degrees, I like it all very well done!.

COOKING, PREPARING FOOD----People who work in food prep need to ALWAYS wear hair nets, pull their long hair back, wear plastic sanitary food prep gloves, wash hands, be free of diseases, never cough or sneeze while cooking food or be near the food prep kitchen while sick with anything, wear clean clothes, and maybe aprons at all times when cooking/preparing all foods! I think people who work in food prep need to have very neatly shortly trimmed beards/moustaches/facial hair....even if you are a Chef or just a food prep worker, maybe there should not be any facial hair at all when you work in food prep! It makes me very sick to find hair or anything gross like that in my food anywhere!!! 

:(   

Everyone men and women need to always be VERY Clean and sanitary while working in food prep kitchens any business everywhere! Vegetables/Fruit need to always be washed with water before preparing them, also I like to rinse meats off in water/then pat dry with paper towels before preparing them! Food prep needs to be VERY Clean, Professional, Sanitary, and be very sure you NEVER contaminate any of the foods with sick nasty hair and gross things like that!..*gag* Meat thermometers should always be there to make sure meats are thoroughly properly cooked to an internal temperature of at least 200 degrees!...that's what we always do anyway....

All food prep cooking/preparing items need to be sanitized, dish-soap, bleach water, dried before cooking/preparing, all cooking utensils, countertops, sinks, drain boards ovens, stoves, grills, serving items, silverware, plates, glassware---- just everything needs to be cleaned properly and evaluated for cleanliness at all times in kitchens/businesses before cooking/preparing/serving!

REFRIGERATION, FREEZERS----I like to make very sure I keep my refrigerator and deep freeze clean and thaw them to properly clean, with bleach water/cleaning solution then start over again, place items back in the freezer and refrigerator....Many foods need to be kept in refrigeration/freezers..I really like having refrigerators/freezers at home...I have two!...I think all businesses that have food items for purchase and have food prep need good properly running refrigeration and freezers!...all need this!..They keep foods fresh and those that need to be frozen are safe!.....I like Maytag, Kenmore, WhirlPool, and I enjoy looking at all appliances at Sears too when I can....

ICE CUBES--I enjoy ice cubes everyday in glasses of my favorite beverages...I love ice-cubed water almost everyday!..I like to keep all of my beverages cool in the refrigerator all the time..There are some ice cube houses/businesses that create the bags of ice cubes locally, and I think everywhere needs those, BUT they need to be created from VERY CLEAN water and use clean, properly running equipment!

I have unfortunately purchased a few bags of ice cubes at convenience stores/grocery stores and the ice cubes are often nasty and have dirt or something gross in them!....it makes me very upset that I have to always check the bagged ices for nastiness!

These bagged ice cube distributors need to be monitored, evaluated, professional, have clean up to date equipment, and clean, trustworthy, disease free---dependable workers...any ice cube vending machine/house needs to be monitored/cleaned, work properly be professional....

It is VERY hot here where we live in the spring/summer, often 112 degrees many summer days, and we all need bagged ice almost everyday to keep beverages and other things cooled off so we can be cool, our pets can be cool, and all food items can be cooled while traveling!......So ice cubes, you don't think much about them really, but I have now many years, because I seem to always find nastiness in them!!!....it is upsetting and makes me very angry and worried about the cleanliness of these businesses and our bagged ice cubes!

julie

No comments:

Post a Comment