Wednesday, November 16, 2016

oatmeal !.....

I have been having oatmeal almost every other morning for breakfast, many years....

Many people think that Oatmeal is icky!....I have always liked it!....Oatmeal is healthier than many other things for breakfast, and I enjoy cooking/baking with it a lot.....

those oatmeals in small packs can be a variety of different kinds...Peaches n Cream, Strawberry, Brown Sugar n Cinnamon, Plain, Blueberry, Banana...all kinds...I enjoy these also...BUT I know many people can only have the plain, but that's good too!....

I like oatmeal in meatloaf, cookies, many other cooking items........AND it is good for your face when mixed properly, ALL natural with no chemicals, I enjoy Oatmeal soaps/lotions, that are as close to natural as they can be....Aveeno is an ok brand....

I like those Quick Oats that are 5 minutes and ready to enjoy...Quaker is a good one and many other off brands...

Baked oatmeal for breakfast is one of my favorite breakfast items I can bake in the morning.....I like to bake it like the recipe says, and then while it is still warm from the oven I will pour a small amount of milk,....mix it up kind of in a bowl....oh, it is GOOD!...

This is one of my favorites~

Baked Oatmeal

3 cups Quick Cooking Oats
1 cup Brown Sugar or other artificial brown sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Eggs
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup Margarine or Butter

  1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and margarine. Stir into oat mixture until blended.
  2. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. I use a foil on the interior bottom of a pan--then grease with margarine, then pour mixture onto that. Bake 40-45 minutes or until set. Serve warm with milk.  You can add cinnamon, if you like, I enjoy it plain.
 
 J.                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment