Thursday, November 10, 2016

red kettle for holidays....time to be helpful...

I see that the Salvation Army is starting their seasonal Red Kettle Charity...I always know that when I see them placed outside many stores during the holidays that they are there to be donated to, and I like to be able to place any change I may have left over from shopping into the Red Kettle.....

Just whatever change you can afford, because every cent counts to be donated for those in need during this time.....

I like the Salvation Army and I think they make a good difference in people's lives.

It is an old tradition this time of year!

People can donate money to the Red Kettles OR they can be a Bell Ringer for the kettles by donating their time when they can...Sometimes they play music nearby the Red Kettle, sometimes they dress up like Santa!...it's so sweet! and it makes me smile to know that this all goes to make a good difference in the world!

there are many ways to be charitable this time of year, and I have enjoyed helping out with those at the churches or town food pantrys...

Donating canned food items to those for preparing holiday meals, for Thanksgiving & Christmas.....stores sometimes have the canned food drives, churches, businesses...donate canned food items if you can!

IF able to--- helping to prepare the free holiday meals in local towns/cities...OR helping out at the homeless shelters with holiday meals, also the same at Women's Havens.....

Helping out with food boxes for the homebound, elderly, those in poverty,----you can sometimes find churches, havens, homeless shelters, where you can help build up the food boxes...I have worked on this many years....it is fun for me to help out with all these ideas!

Pet shelters need people to donate any food, toys, money, food, cat litter, or any extra time you may have this time of year to help take in strays and find them all good forever homes! Many pets need to be Adopted all year!  Help them to Advertise Pet Adoptions! Community fundraisers for the shelters, Humane Societies all need help...



No comments:

Post a Comment