Tuesday, November 22, 2016

seasonings, holiday blues, Rudolph !!!.....

Everybody is talking about cooking, baking, preparing Thanksgiving dinner this week, so I guess i will too blog!....lol.....

I have gathered all of the spices/seasonings in the kitchen cabinet and inspected them...the dates are still good on them...

They are going to be used on the turkey for Thanksgiving..

I use Rosemary, Parsley, Sage, Poultry Seasoning, Salt, Pepper, sprinkled all over the outside of raw Turkey before baking for several hours........ I use McCormick brand for these, they have these available elsewhere in different brands all work well...Dollar Tree, Dollar Stores, Walmart or your local grocery....

Lemon slices placed under the skin, pads of butter under the raw turkey skin also, I place a few lemon slices interior of the turkey along with celery stalks halved down the middle....

Having a good meat thermometer is best to make sure your Turkey or meat is properly cooked to internal temperature instructions on the package.....cook several hours! food safety.

We cook a cured ham in the oven about 4 1/2 hours...my Grandpa always cooked ham this way and it is something I think works well...don't burn it!...haha!

I found that turkey gravy mix McCormick brand today for the gravy with turkey, it is very good! easy to prepare, some people like Giblet gravy, but this works just fine for me!...

preparing homemade dressing that will take seasoning.

My pumpkin pie mix in the can is already seasoned/spiced so I don't fuss with that one!...lol...

the List for Thanksgiving dinner is as follows...this is just for fun....haha...just laugh!

Turkey
Mashed potatoes
Green beans
Broccoli Casserole use the cheez whiz....haha.
Corn Casserole
Hot rolls
Sweet potatos
Dressing
pre mix turkey gravy
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
gel cranberry

I know that the holidays are often difficult for people because they hold memories with your friends & family and it can be very depressing for people when they are no longer here to celebrate with, and I know this will be my first Thanksgiving & Christmas without my Grandpa and I will think about him the whole time, BUT I will continue on his traditions and not let my upset & sometimes depression take hold of me!!! I won't let it ruin the holidays so I will cook, bake, shop for gifts I can afford, decorate, and try to enjoy the holidays this year...

I know everyone goes through this in life at the holidays, but I just try to enjoy it the best way I can, even if it's purchasing myself silly gifts that make me giggle!

I think the holidays should keep their charm, fun, excitement, and NEVER be ruined....

so I just think a person should just keep on going the best way they can every day and try not to be upset or depressed during the holidays.....

I found a Christmas coloring book by Bendon for about $5 at the Dollar General...these can be shared coloring pages for your loved ones....it has cute pictures! I have my coloring pencils ready!...haha!...

I saw a lot of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer items at the stores also...I still have my plush Rudolph he was about $9 last year....Bumble his pal, and Rudolph's Girlfriend Clarice are also there..oh, they are nostalgia, so very adorable!...I love the cartoons this time of year!....

j.


No comments:

Post a Comment