Thursday, May 2, 2019

red potatoes + gravy......yum !!!!

Tonight I am tired from chores and tending to work !!!

I have been thinking much about red potatoes and how simple, quick prep they seem to be !!!

I have forever enjoyed the red potatoes with gravy, homestyle or the easy add water gravy mixes in the pouches.......simple !

You MUST first WASH + scrub the red potatoes first, then cut slices into each individual red potato to let them have air to steam / boil them...remain whole......Boil first about fifteen minutes to twenty minutes....drain water...let cool !!! THEN I prefer mine covered interior the hot temperature gravy in a cooking pan, OR I pan fry after boiling THEN place interior the gravy !!!! Salt + pepper as you wish !!!! Nice as a side with a home cooked meal.......fried chicken meal or chicken strips, a green vegetable also as a side with this !!!! Yum !!!

I know for many years my family has had red potatoes from the garden and prepared them as this, ALWAYS been a fave of ours !!! 

Hope you enjoy as well !!!!!!!!

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment