Friday, July 24, 2015

dangerous excessive heat in summer......

The heat outside is getting much worse and the temperatures are rising...I always think about all the people without air conditioning and ceiling or oscillating fans!

Air conditioning is expensive for people when you have to continually run it....I know that you need oscillating, box, or ceiling fans to help with the heat in your home....

many people can get sickened by the heat and when you cannot cool, your body temperature rises and you can over heat and have heat strokes, dehydrate and pass out sometimes...it is dangerous.

the local weathermen will sometimes issue Heat Advisory or Warnings on tv when it gets too hot and that always make me say:"I hope Summer is over soon!" *annoyed*

I like to always drink plenty of water in the summer it is good for you at all times but necessary in the summer....

cooling fan drives are something that I think many areas should have so everyone will be able to have a fan to cool off with.....and stay safe from the heat

as always pets need to have shade and extra fresh water/food daily in the summer time and keep their bowls cleaned because the summer heat can cause extra bacteria making them sick.....I like to keep the ground watered down nearby where they stay in the shade so they can cool off that way..they like it...just not too much water though on the ground....

wearing light colored clothing helps cool you in summertime and misting fans, carrying bottled water in coolers is also good...

wearing hats and sunglasses to shield your face/eyes from sun is also something I like to wear to keep cool when outdoors....

I like to always keep my purchases that need to stay refrigerated in an ice chest cooler in the vehicle so it will stay cool/frozen on the drive home from stores...and won't spoil in the summer heat...insulated freezer/cooler bags are also something that will keep your purchases nice and cool/frozen in the summer....you just can't leave them in the vehicle over several hours though ya know?!!

picnics or outdoor summer cookouts/grilling should always be safe by making sure that the foods don't spoil...they can't stay out many hours in the sun/heat...bacteria will grow and you will get sick....food prep should always be clean at all times...I like that.

keeping home windows shaded and covered will help cool your home and sometimes help with electricity bills...keeping the sun out of your home by covering those windows really helps...I have always done that....

excessive heat can make your body ache, swell, and hurt...

my rib cage on one side and my sternum have been swelling due to the heat and I have been lifting on heavy things I shouldn't have ( I know better than that!) *sad face*....it caused my arthritis from an old injury to swell and hurt...I guess I pulled that cartilage loose again or something!...but that is just an example of the way this kind of heat can make you hurt as well.....

it is an old injury from when I was younger and then I fell again a few years ago and it is painful in the summer and very cold winter....

I am taking Tylenol for my swelling/pain they said last time it did this to take Ibuprofen to make the pain/swelling go away but it makes my stomach upset so I just stay with Tylenol.....

I have been placing ice in a small freezer storage bag and freezing it...then I place that over the swelling but over my clothing and set there...it helps for a while....very uncomfortable...

I am not whining or complaining I am tough!...haha!...but arthritis is something that I battle all the time with my body I have it several places and I hurt often....

I HATE arthritis!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment