Saturday, July 18, 2015

honey bees, bee keeping, beeswax honey products......

Honey bees and bee keeping is something I have always been very interested in.

I like raw organic honey that is locally grown...you can purchase it in glass jars from local producers that have bee boxes/hives and they will take their honey jars to farmer's markets, grocery stores, fruit stands sometimes in the summer....

one time I had an allergy doctor tell me that I could purchase honey and ingest it to help with my severe allergy problems....the pollen in the area is local that the bees take to the hives and it is supposed to make you immune to some certain pollens he told me when you have honey with meals.....it depends on where you are or how your body's immune system is probably...I think it has helped me before. my allergies/asthma have been very bad again lately and I think I am going to have to purchase some more local honey....

it also helps your local bee/honey producers to purchase their honey/products....

my Grandparents at one time purchased local honey in a very large glass jar from a man they knew and he placed a small piece of honey comb in the jar....my Grandpa liked that!..it looked very pretty in the jar....the color is nice.....whenever I like honey with meals I like usually to put margarine/butter on my toast and then drizzle honey over that for breakfast....good.

it takes a lot of work and effort to be a beekeeper I know....you have to care for the hive and bees at all times and gather honey...also keep things clean....purchase all bee keeping supplies and if you are allergic to bee stings you definitely do not need to be a beekeeper!

gathering the honey is something that has to be done quite often.

I have allergies to wasps but not honey bees....

I  think honey bees are cute and it makes me sad so many of them are disappearing due to outer influences in nature....they are necessary to our environment and to have honey....hopefully they will be able to grow in numbers again....

there are many products that you can make from honey and beeswax that I really like....I like all kinds of beeswax/honey items that I have purchased at festivals/fairs....beeswax candles, hand lotions, lip balms, homemade soaps, candies, and jars of honey...

I like all homemade products that are made local.....

I have been working with polymer clay this summer again...making figurines and I made a honey bee...it's very cute!....





No comments:

Post a Comment