Monday, July 6, 2015

festivals, parades, and all celebrations.....

I really like celebrations....Something that I'm thinking about this morning..

Parades over the weekend in local towns made me start thinking about all the celebrations there are...

One thing that I have taken part in over the past few years is helping decorate floats for local small town celebrations...Parades down main street....

I have also been in parades and waved at people from the floats/parade and thrown all kinds of colorful wrapped candies for people to pick up and take home.....Gotta love candy!...haha!

The one thing I think about all kinds of celebrations, festivals, parades is that they always need to be colorful or themed for the holiday/event they are made for celebrating that day....That always stays in your memory about the day when they go home.....makes them giggle or smile...which is always a good thing!

We have used all kinds of papers, lights, costumes, and even made props for the floats we have built out of cardboards usually and all kinds of brightly colored, shiny, or glittery paper...Also we have made signs with colored letters, used real flowers/plants.....

I just really like all the old small town tradition that goes along with making/creating floats.....when no one argues about the creation or looks of the floats...I always have great ideas everyone tells me...because my mind is very good with colors, themes, and crafty things like that....I appreciate them for telling me that...

Sometimes I wish that every small town, city out there could afford to have those kind of old time celebrations like that....so the people could enjoy them at holidays or you know, have more festivals to go to and create business in the town...They have gift giveaways and prizes....craft booths, art, live music, food vendors....all that kinda thing.

People need to get out there and meet new people in their towns/cities and work on creating beautiful floats/parades/festivals for all holidays or things they would like to celebrate in their town as long as it is agreeable with the town board!....haha!...(sometimes if they are a bunch of snobs or meanies they won't listen to no one!.)....Oh, if I could run every town nearby I would get them on the right path with that kinda thing!

celebrations should be beautiful and I think they should always be colorful and make people remember that day and have a nice time with their family/friends or just by themselves...



No comments:

Post a Comment