Wednesday, July 15, 2015

small town newspapers....

So many newspapers in these small towns are closing up and going away....I'm sure that it's due to no money or not many people living in these small towns much anymore..

They at one time in local newspapers would have more things that were not news related...things that were moreso fun and recreational to read or work on...like word searches.

I liked a recipe they would place weekly in the local newspapers and it was so cute! it was a mouse and it had recipes weekly in it...It was called I think Rookie Cookie recipes...It was cute! I wish it was still in the local newspapers and more word searches, weather, fun facts, funnies, like they had 10yrs ago...

They need to cover more stories that matter to all people and that more people can tell their story of what was going on that or this day with them..not just the same old, same old story that the town 15 miles away covered a week ago!...maybe be more creative with their information...

I really think small towns need newspapers, and better quality printers and equipment...to keep people informed of goings on in town and go out there and talk to people about a lot of great things like ceremonies, ribbon cuttings, celebrations of all people, they could cover county area things as well to let these distant small town people know that things are going on in the county....and put more businesses information in there as well...phone numbers to those local area businesses would be helpful as well....

I like the old style print I have found on vintage newspapers my grandparents have saved...looks very unique and different...

color ink is also good to have as well....sometimes they don't have any ink I think!

affordable subscriptions would be good as well...or being able to pay them every 2 weeks would be better for some people.....some newspapers want a lot of money paid down for the whole year all at once and that drives subscribers away I think...I have heard my family gripe about that!

newspapers can bring back small town charm just by changing and being more creative and colorful...anything rustic is also nice as well!

town newspapers should be for everyone in the community and surrounding rural areas also...not just certain people...

No comments:

Post a Comment