Tuesday, July 14, 2015

summertime honey, vegetables, and fruits....

The tomatoes are growing really good.

They are turning very red and they ripen in the sun...I like to set them in a window so the sun will ripen them more quickly.They are really good on a sandwich, salad, or sometimes just sliced by themselves to snack on....

I like the smell of the tomato vines..i know that's weird probably but they have a clean smell to me....haha....no tomato worms on the vines or anything so that's doing just fine!

canning some tomato juice in a week or so with my Grandma...I like to make the juice and save it for soups and other cooking later in the fall season....

really enjoy making salsa with my fresh tomatoes also...I really like pico de gallo! it's nice with tortilla chips....

sopapillas are also something I like to make in the summer....I like them with locally organic raw honey...I like honey bees....

pickled the last of the beets in my garden and it made 4 jars.....

going to pick some corn in the garden and grill it on the grill.....it is very good with a little margarine and a small amount of chili powder...I just leave the green leaves on the corn cob and grill it for 15mins or so...then remove it....peel the green leaves off of the cob and add margarine and your chili powder...really nice!

one of my favorite things to do in the summer as well is purchase watermelon whole and place it in the refrigerator so it will be very cold...then I like to slice it and enjoy it that way...I always try to find a watermelon that is yellower on the bottom....sometimes they are riper....I like both the yellow/orange and the red watermelons.....seedless is good but I don't find it much locally....

the watermelons and cantaloupes did not grow this summer due to all the flooding rains...so I purchase them at the fruit stand or the grocery store..i always wash all my vegetables or fruits before I slice them/prepare them....

bananas are a fruit that I purchase moreso in summertime and when they ripen too quickly and turn dark I like to place them in a plastic storage bag and freeze them in the freezer...later on I make banana bread out of them...so that way they are not wasted...

I think I am going to make banana bread soon....I cleaned out my freezer and found a storage bag of them...I like to make banana bread and other breads...

No comments:

Post a Comment