Thursday, October 1, 2015

cats are good pets....

 sorry! I ramble on and on lots of talking...haha!

I have 3 cats...Each one of them is a cat that I have rescued...and they have rescued me!

My cats have helped me through sadness and upset times...They just love me and they don't care what goes on, they are there to make me laugh and giggle at how silly they are....Pumpkin cat saved my life from dangerous people outside my home one night!....He is shy about meeting most people and he hides from them...he can get grouchy!

Things you must know before having a cat as a pet is that---

they require lots of love and care.
cats are very playful and like to slap sometimes so always be careful of their toenails if they have them still.
they need vaccinated by a vet...and need many other medications for pests so ask a vet sometime.
they need to be spayed(girl cat) or neutered(boy cat)..this helps with many population problems and sometimes stops marking everywhere in the house...uti's can occur after they are neutered/spayed so just take them to the vet if they get ill.
I purchase a pet odor(urine /odor stain) remover available at most stores I spray it or pour some of it onto any floor in my house if they have a bathroom accident!..happens quite often with all pets. 
cats need to be groomed with a cat brush..helps with hairball control...place fur in the trash always after brushing them!

they like to jump up onto anything that is tall and they can break things or ruins things by jumping and toppling over furniture/tvs/or just anything tall in your home.so watch them and be careful of items in your home they can fall off of or topple over onto anyone or themselves...

they like to chew or ingest many things so always be careful of things on the floor they may ingest or become ill from..many plants, household chemicals can hurt them if they ingest them, so check with your vet for a list of plants/contaminants that will hurt them..

toenails need to be tended to by a vet.
they need lots of attention at all times
they are very curious and have to know all your business!..lol.

pet food bowls should be cleaned every 2 days.
water bowls should be changed every 2 days..they need water to drink at all times.

litter boxes need to be cleaned DAILY.
I made a litter box that is spacious and less messy...here is how--

You can purchase litter boxes from most stores, but you can also make one from a storage container with a removable lid.I used tools to remove a square from the side of a storage container that is properly sized enough for the cats to get through and out of after using the bathroom in the box...Then I placed the container onto the ground, removed the lid, and poured enough litter to fill the entire bottom half of the storage container almost touching the place where I removed a square from the side...then placed the lid back onto the top of the storage container---Now a storage container is a litter box...that way they can't urinate over the sides of this!

I use a litter box utensil you can find at Dollar Tree to scoop and remove the cat waste...I place the waste in an old bucket with a trash bag in it, and leave that outside until trash day is here...then send it off in the waste bin..easier that way.Cat litter is messy and causes some dust in the air..i place my cat litter box in the laundry room away from the kitchen and other rooms...just any room works just fine as long as it is away from bedrooms and kitchen.Clean daily!

cats have hairballs in their digestive tract from grooming themselves and they need some hairball remedy(in a tube it is liquid/gel)I always purchase a hairball remedy dry food and I like the canned foods...they snack on dry food all night long.

cats vomit quite often(from hairballs/illness/pests) so be ready to clean that most days at any time...with bleach wipes.

they need to be placed into their pet taxi(cages) sometimes when they need to be taken to the vet or when you are moving somewhere...pet taxis are all prices.

cats are nocturnal so they sleep all day and they can keep you awake all night!...sometimes I have to place them into the room with their litter box and shut the door so I can sleep...lol.

Pumpkin cat likes to sleep at the end of my bed near my feet. He curls into a ball and places his tail underneath his chin and sleeps.

Cats like to be warm and they like quiet areas to rest.they do not need a lot of stress! no yelling or screaming at them or near them.(same goes for dogs)

Cat toys-I have purchased them a few toys to slap, bite, carry in their mouth and bat on the ground with their paws.they like toys that are moving fast/slow..they need to have toys to play with.

My cats stay in my home at all times because it is very dangerous for them outside because of wild animals and my dogs don't like cats so they may get jealous and hurt them so the cats stay in the home all the time for safety reasons.

I save money for cat foods, litter, vet appointments(if needed) and I always want to keep them cleaned with a bath every month or so if you want to..cats do not like water so be careful they can scratch you or try to climb all over you....

I think cats are good pets..i like to listen to them purr when they are happy and they are fuzzy and sweet....Pumpkin cat meows a lot and talks to me that way..but my other 2 cats don't talk/meow as much as he does...it's cute.

many people are allergic to cats fur/dander but I have been tested and I am not allergic to them..so they are ok for me.

kittens need extra care and always watch for them and keep them safe as well following the same guidelines but they need kitten chow and sometimes different medicines, ask a vet....

cats get ill like all animals with different troubles so always see your vet when they are sick..i save extra money for those days.

my cats are really good friends to me and like children to me, all my pets are like my children they are always into something or making a mess..they keep me laughing!

many more cats NEED TO BE ADOPTED from shelters and I think people should know what great, funny, loving, and friendly pets they are....many men like to have cats as pets too!..I think that is very sweet and a good thing...My Grandpa likes cats..he always takes care of any strays that he finds in his hay barn....

cats just have a way of making me feel less worry and anxiety...I calm down when I care for them or I pet them, talk to them, play ball with them..i laugh all the time at the silly things they are all about, but I do know that they require lots of care/attention from me and I need to make my home their home at all times....

julie




.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment