Monday, October 26, 2015

Kaleidoscope.......vintage toys..

Everytime I go to town I see something on the toy aisle that I like from my childhood...I like looking at the toy aisle and purchasing older toys to keep.

Kaleidoscopes are an artful toy that I have always loved...I always got a Kaleidoscope for my Birthday every year when I was a child...I think they are very pretty when you see the colorful shapes in the Kaleidoscope as you turn it....It's art I think!

Paddle ball---Always liked this one you can hit the ball with the paddle and it bounces back on the string! Lots of fun, a challenge to repeatedly hit the ball with the paddle.

Wooly Willy----This is a magnet game...Try and make a mustache/eyebrows on his face using a small tool that is a magnet...shreds of tiny metallic are under the see through glass container...fun!

etch a sketch----using the turning knobs on the plastic game you can create a picture and draw with it...it is challenging also...it is art as well

marbles---My grandma taught me to play marbles and they are very colorful glass balls you place on the flat surface and use the largest marble to roll and hit the others using your fingers...I like to look at them and how colorful they are...Marble runs are also fun to use with the marbles.

jacks---Grandma also taught me to play jacks...you bounce the small ball and then you hurriedly try to scoop up jacks from the flat surface into your hand before the ball stop bouncing....it's a challenge! and fun!

Slinky---I like to set slinky on steps and watch it walk off the steps...it is a metal toy..it is unique and I always had a slinky! sometimes you can just pull it apart and it goes back together in your hands..fun!

small foam/paper airplane models/kits---I like to form these as the instructions say to on the box and throw them so they glide through the air...unique and they also have paper..foam stays together well..

yo-yo---I liked playing with these and trying to make yo-yos work...you have to figure out how to make them roll back up right..i like them!

spinning tops----place on the flat surface and twist with your hands they will spin out of control...I like to watch these on the floor, they stop eventually.

mouth harp----I had one when I was younger and I think I annoyed my Grandma with it...makes a weird noise...haha!..

kazoo---this also makes a noise that is different...usually they have these at Birthday parties..colorful..i always liked these.

Gumby and friends---I like all these clay mation toys they are an art form..I really enjoy the posables..like Gumby and friends...they're cute!

sea monkeys---you place these in water in a jar with a lid and they will grow into colorful shapes...unique and fun to watch.

pick up sticks---I like these colorful sticks you pick up as many as you can and see who got the right one to win...

pinwheels---These I have always purchased they are so pretty when you have air to make them turn/spin...I enjoy watching them in the breeze...

cup and ball toy---catch the ball in the cup and see if you can catch the ball after you throw it up into the air..always nice and challenging.

gel slappy hands---a gel hand with a gel string and you can slap things and it will attach to them and sometime bring them back...I like them.

grow a figure---place small item into water and it will grow and expand...all kinds of figures and colorful ones..i really enjoy these...

whoopee cushion---haha!...these make me laugh....when people set on them in a chair...makes a toot noise!..haha!

Lite-bright---I like lite bright!...it was so fun to place the lights onto the paper that was labeled where to place different colors, to make a picture, then turn off the lights and look at your picture...pretty!

Nintendo---I enjoy Nintendo and Mario Bros. games!...I have an old Super Nintendo that I still play often..these don't hurt my eyes or make me dizzy sick like the newer style of players do...I wish I could find more games for Super Nintendo.

pogo stick---I liked this when I was a child, you could jump/hop with it...I like these!

Shrinky Dinks---you color these and then bake them and they shrink and hold your coloring...I really like these..miss them they are like art to me..

Barbies---I like dolls and I think they are nice to purchase and play with as a child..You can purchase clothes for them and accessories for them...I had quite a few of them...

legos---you can build figures/items with legos..all colors..i have always liked legos to build with I had a few sets...

kites----I have always liked flying kites on windy days in the fields..Stay away from power lines! yikes! it will shock you and burn up your kite!..You have to unroll the string and then run with your kite and the wind catches it just right it will fly way into the air..all different colors/characters on them....People always say being mean: " Go fly a kite! " and I just laugh and say alright I will!..lol..

Hungry Hungry Hippos---a colorful game and  you press plastic buttons to make the hippos catch the ball in the mouth and ingest it...I like this one.

Easy bake oven---you can create things with this and sometimes make a small snack..learning to cook as a child it was neato.

Colorforms---these are themed boards that you just stick autocollants to and can remove/replace..i like these.

Ants in the Pants---try to get all the plastic ants in the pair of plastic pants before the others!..makes me giggle!

Simon---press the colors that flash on the toy before it stops flashing...I got one as a gift when I was younger...challenging and I like the colors.

Julie












No comments:

Post a Comment