Friday, October 23, 2015

flu shot......cooking on a rainy day....

I was able to go and purchase a flu shot yesterday morning, so I can be protected from that awful nasty flu again this year!.......Everyone needs to get a flu shot I think...When I took mine last year I didn't get the flu as bad...I have lung infections/bronchitis quite often and it can turn to pneumonia on me easily...so I always get the flu shot...It doesn't hurt at all to get the shot...just stings a little...

it rained a lot yesterday and oh, I loved that!..finally rained! After I got my flu shot I decided that I would go to the grocery store and purchase items to create a casserole for lunch....and I also found some Milk Duds candy in a box for $1 at the Dollar Store...I like caramel and chocolate...that's dessert!...haha! ;)

this casserole takes a package of Doritos chips...I like them...I like all the Frito-Lay items they have on shelves..all of the items...I also purchased a package of Frito Corn chips to make Frito Pie with sometime next week...yum!

As sides, I like to have corn, salad, green beans with this casserole.

Doritos Southwest Casserole:
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef or ground turkey
1  small  onion, chopped
1 pkg. Doritos
1 can crème of mushroom soup
1 can crème of chicken soup
1/2 soup can of water
1 small can of chopped green chiles
1 can enchilada sauce
shredded cheese

Cook meat and onion. Drain. Place as many Doritos as you can in an 8x12" baking dish. Cover with meat mixture. Mix soups with water and pour over meat. Place green chiles over the top and cover with enchilada sauce. Top with shredded cheese. In preheated oven, Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

when you create casseroles you can have several meals each day of the week from a casserole that is covered/stored, refrigerated...it's already prepared that way and is less time consuming...I like to cook casseroles they are fun!

j.


No comments:

Post a Comment