Saturday, October 31, 2015

it's halloween....

Finished crafting the Halloween candy sacks to take to my Grandparents..I found orange and black sacks for .33cents/bag!!! they were plain and I decorated/painted/glittered/placed Halloween/Fall stickers on them...Cute! I like working on crafting projects like that...

I purchased a few bags of candy that were all different varieties and placed 2 or 3 handfuls in the sacks and placed a sticker on the top of the sack after folding it down to close it....My Grandparents loved that, thought they were cute and appreciated them...I like to make them smile!

It's the day for candy and sweets!--- so here are 2 other recipes of sweets that I always make on Halloween to have here at home and to gift to others...these are simple but good.

Pop Corn Balls

1/2 stick of butter or margarine
40 jet puffed marshmallows
1/2 tsp. vanilla
12 cups of popped popcorn

Melt butter in large sauce pan on low heat. Add marshmallows, vanilla. Cook until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended. stir constantly. Place popcorn in large bowl. Add marshmallow mixture, mixing lightly to coat. Shape into 10 popcorn balls with lightly greased hands...place onto wax paper to cool.( I place pop corn mixture into small plastic zip lock bags and then that way my hands won't burn and get too messy while I shape them into pop corn balls)...haha!..I can make them much easier....looks silly but it works for me so far!....

Rice Krispie Bars with colors

6 c. rice krispies cereal (or off brand will work)
1/4 c. margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 to 1 tsp. of your choice food coloring color if you need more color add more.
1 package of jet puffed marshmallows
 
Melt margarine in a large pan over medium heat. Melt in marshmallows and stir continuously until smooth. Add vanilla. Add food coloring. if you want more food coloring add more. Without removing from heat, add cereal. Stir until cereal is completely covered with marshmallow mixture. Pour into a greased dish/pan. Let cool 2 minutes. Press flat with greased hands.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment