Tuesday, December 6, 2016

another chilly day, peanut brittle.....

Purchased feed yesterday at the feed store for the cows.....supposed to be very freezing temperatures the next few days, maybe even week.....prepared for that! had to drop some round bales of hay out this week...

I noticed today that the calves are very fuzzy and my Grandpa told me once that, when their hair is very fuzzy it means a very frigid winter on the way....one of those nature old farmer stories.....who knows?! maybe true...it has happened before.

Extremely tired today, seems as though it occurs at certain times, weird!..i hope I don't pass out!..kinda nervous about that!....I just wish to sleep peacefully at night..so I can be well rested the next day.....

I fixed me a cup of coffee yesterday morning and it was De-caf....it made me moreso alert and awake even though it was De-caf......I guess maybe I should try drinking a cup every morning....I like to pour some milk and a little sugar in mine...without it, coffee is way too bitter and creates stomach ulcers for me....oh well, that's just me.

I have checked vehicles for anti-freeze to be correct amount so the chilly cold temperatures won't freeze up the vehicles...I know that the cold air also makes your tires lose air and go flat!.....I always check for that mess too!...Goofball is well-fed, has hay & shelter...he's ok from freezing temps....He sleeps way back in his house and he has hay pushed all around in his house to keep warm, this morning he was yawning and didn't wish to leave his house!.....lol...I wouldn't either! ..it is warm in his house, so he's sort of got a nest built in his house.....he makes me giggle!

this kind of freezing weather is good hot chocolate, hot tea, & coffee drinking weather!.....lol...

I was able to go to Braum's today and enjoy a meal with my Grandma, and we purchased some of the Braum's brand of Peanut Brittle for Christmas...it was $2.00/box...it is very good...saving mine for Christmas....

My Grandpa always enjoyed preparing homemade Peanut Brittle and gifting it to others at the holidays and he always had it there at their house for Christmas...so I purchased some today as a tradition...

There is also in most stores the brand Old Dominion Peanut Brittle...it is plain or the chocolate covered Old Dominion Peanut Brittle--both good!

I wish it would snow Christmas Eve & Day this year, and then even on New Years Eve!...haha...I'd go outdoors and create a snow castle or a snow man.....that would take a very good snow!....I enjoy the way the snow is iridescent hued in sunlight, and has the shine of glitters..very beautiful....

j.





No comments:

Post a Comment