Thursday, December 8, 2016

santa's whiskers cookie recipe.....for fun !.......

I know it is morning yet again.....I think I will prepare breakfast easily this morning! I purchased a package of those El Monterrey Breakfast burritos...they are good & easily prepared..just warm in microwave or small pan.....many varieties...A grand size family pack of them for about $11.00 and smaller for $2.00-$6.00.....good!...I like them topped with salsa...


I know I blogged last night about Cookie Parties and this is just for fun to add this recipe here for Santa's Whiskers...When I was younger my Grandma and I would create this cookie at the holidays for Christmas....It takes red & green candied cherries you can find on most baking aisles.---some may not like these..but I think they are good!.and it takes pecans & coconut...only add the pecans if you wish...AND no, it does not take real whiskers we hope!...Haha!..the coconut is the whiskers part...lol...some may not like this cookie recipe but it is fun to me...tradition.
 
 
Santa's Whiskers
 
 
1 c. butter/or margarine softened
1 c. sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. diced candied cherries
1/2 c. chunked pecans
3/4 c. flaked coconut
 
Cream together butter & sugar blend in milk and vanilla. Stir in flour, cherries and pecans. Form dough into two 8 inch rolls. Roll in flaked coconut to coat the outside. Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator or freezer. Cut into 1/4 inch discs and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees or until edges are browned. about 12 minutes.
 
Talking about Pecans & other nut varieties-----I know I saw several packages of those holiday nuts in the shell still...you have to shell those with a nutcracker...kinda fun for me...nerd!...Hines Nuts are regional and they are pre-packaged at Walmart.....$4.00/package..i saw those yesterday....you gotta find a nutcracker first!...remove all shells so you won't hurt your teeth! an assortment of nuts are available in these packages....
 
Vegetable Trays & Hormel or other brand's Meat & Cheese Trays----are at Walmart also.These are easily purchased and taken to holiday parties or to have at your home for Christmas or New Years Eve...I enjoy the Vegetable Trays with Ranch Dip..Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix packs are my favorite...or any ranch dip works well.....these are healthier options for the holidays & snacks!
 
Canned Hams----I saw many people purchasing these at the Dollar Stores & Walmart the other day..Dak, Plumrose, American Pride, Hormel--Black Label, Spam canned ham.....all good to gift to others or enjoy at holidays...Hormel or other brands of Vienna Sausages & those Hickory Farms Summer sausages gift packs are also something I saw being purchased....I like them all with mustard, Colby cheese, & crackers.....
 
Cordial Chocolate -Covered Cherries are something that my Great-Granny always gifted all of us great-grandkids....she purchased several boxes and gifted everyone a box, so we always enjoy those....many people don't like the chocolate covered cherry cordials...but I like them! they also have blueberry cordials now...haven't tried them yet..
 
Brands of those Cordials I have purchased many years and enjoy are:
 
Zachary
Queen Anne
Cella's
Brach's
 
julie
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment