Friday, June 10, 2016

wine.....

Found more potatoes to dig yesterday--a lot!...And I also have new yellow squash that is growing quickly in the garden....can't wait for that!
 
I like to garden.
 
Thinking about my Great-Grandpa's gardens he created years ago before he passed away...He was always a good gardener!...He had a garden and his vegetables would grow so beautifully and abundant, ginormous sized!...It must have been the very dark soil he had on his property, and all the time and tough work...he worked all the time tending to his vegetables...


 
He had grape vines and he knew how to keep them flourishing, and growing a certain way to keep the grapes growing properly, I remember all the extra care he took taking care of grapes, and the grapes were very pretty! He had a certain technique to growing grapes he was very protective of his grape vines and wanted to keep them very clean...
 
He had family living in California and he often flew there to stay with them, and they enjoyed wine also....He talked often about the beautiful fields he had seen in California and my Great-Grandpa was very educated on all things California....So I know a lot about the cuisine, diet & exercise, the crops, shopping, and wine!
 
He was always very healthy about his dining choices and he was always talking about vegetables and how important it was to have vegetables at every meal, exercise everyday, and to get out there and garden!....I have tried to have a garden as beautiful as he had back then, BUT I don't have that very dark good soil he had!...
 
He talked about the ocean, grapes/wine, and how they have fish at almost every meal....lol....

 
 
He made wine and after he passed away we found a few bottles left in a barn....they had been opened and they were red....There are many different types of wine and he always talked about them...I liked the green wine bottles he had used, the green color protects the wine from light, it is always best stored in a dark area, a wine cellar....
 
I myself, enjoy a good bottle of wine, I do not have a favorite!...Berry wines, I like those!...Peach wine is nice also....

It is so nice to chill a bottle of wine and enjoy a glass with friends/family in the evenings, or have one glass at a meal....I have a wine glass, and the different wine glasses are for different wines, to enhance the flavor and aroma, you hold different wine glasses certain ways in your hand..it is sophisticated and proper....my great grandpa talked to me about that!...At wine tasting events, you will learn that also....lol....

you need to be of proper age to enjoy a glass or two of wine remember...I know many people enjoy cooking with white wine...My grandma has before...it was wonderful.

My great grandpa always said that people are very serious about their wine selections, he called them wine snobs!...haha!

I like drinking wines in the evening during summer, setting on the shaded front porch and listening to the quiet...enjoying the cool evening after the sun goes down for the day.....

I know we have a few vineyards locally and I have tried a bottle before, I usually purchase something at a local store, many are very pricey, some affordable...just whatever you want to break out the money for!...haha....

julie







No comments:

Post a Comment