Monday, April 21, 2014

weaning calf.....

Been outside this morning fed my calf Stormy got her down to half a bottle of powdered milk..half in the morning and half in the evening...she's also been getting 3 scoops of creep pellets she likes to eat that with some alfalfa hay--I got a few bales from my uncle L...he just gave them to me so I appreciated that!!! nice of him to help me out with this stuff.

so Stormy really likes to eat alfalfa hay and her creep pellets more than a bottle now I think..she also drinks plenty of water so I'm kinda trying to wean her off the powdered milk bottle..she likes water more so now but she needs lots of water....summer will be here soon and all animals and people need to drink lots of water..i know I need to..lol

it rained a lot this morning so that makes me feel better about having cows and no drought going on (hopefully we won't)and I get really worried about that because I think of the ponds drying up and the creeks and all that kinda thing happening...because no rain means NO green fields and pastures and no green grass to eat for the cows and other animals...

I don't want another drought to happen.

Wish I could get a new horse...dream dream dream..maybe someday...don't matter what kind I'd just love to have one to go riding in the pastures and stuff again...my grandpa used to have one and I used to get to ride it when I was younger and I loved that horse his name was Gus...but he got old and nobody could ride him anymore.....but anyway I'd just like a new horse someday.

I really want Freckles back I thought that horse was so pretty..maybe sometime...such a pretty horse.

the barn leaks real bad I noticed this morning so I need to get it repaired for storing hay and farming things in there it needs all that old dirt scooped out and redone but a girl can dream can't she I do anyway..i like projects like that...maybe someday I could build me a new barn in a couple hundred years!!!...haha...

excited to go target shooting tomorrow!!! hope it's not too muddy tomorrow.I am getting my hair cut tomorrow..nervous and kinda excited to get that done and see some of my other family for a while....it's good for me to get away from here for a day and see different people and things..it's good for me to just get in the car and go somewhere else for a day....


No comments:

Post a Comment