Sunday, July 20, 2014

bought food coloring...tinting cake batter and icing....

Went to help my grandparents check on their place to see if the hay was ready to bale...it has way too many dandelions, thistles, stickers!!! eek! they got all stuck to the bottom of my flip flops...lol..not too good of an idea to wear flip flops to a field...silly me!

then we got baling wire wrapped around underneath the pickup and we had to cut it off with wire cutter pliers when we got back to their house..

I got $20 off my shopping with coupons this weekend at town on groceries and soap!...haha!...I always coupon so it's a lot of fun to save money on items at the store...I like coupons to save any amount of money I can because if you can get a $1 off of an item at the store than why not everything is really too expensive.

going to church this morning and then I always get a local newspaper on sunday that has coupons inside the paper to cut out and save for the next time I need to buy something at the store.I like to look at sale ads they put in the paper just to look at something different when I get home after church....lol....We usually go to town and have lunch with my grandparents after church.It's nice to have family dinners together! ;)

I bought about 3 word search books at town this weekend at the dollar store...haha!!! they didn't cost much at all....I always get the large print word search books that have lots of word searches in them...They had a lot of  those books...I really like to work on word searches...I use gel pens and just plain old markers, all bright colors or just regular ink pens....but I always have to have colored markers! Haha...I have to have all things bright colors or just any colors...not boring pens...lol..

I bought a cake mix on Friday in a box at the store....it's a blue velvet cake mix....haven't made it yet. I could make it a cake or cupcakes out of it....it looks like it's really going to be a pretty light turquoise blue..I think if a person wanted to they could make a layered cake with regular bright blue cake batter and then this light turquoise cake batter on the next layer then keep layering it like that...Then blue icing on top!!! That would be so beautiful!

I also bought some food coloring.I really enjoy working with food coloring when I bake cakes or cupcakes because I like tinting the batter when it's not colored and if I make icing or have nothing but white icing in a can I can also tint it as well whatever color I want to...white icing and white cake batter is just fine but I just always like to tint the batter and icing with food coloring...being creative with colors is just basically like art to me.

love ya  j.

No comments:

Post a Comment