Wednesday, July 30, 2014

went to the doctor.....

Woke up feeling kinda sick this morning...I've been having bronchitis and a sinus infection for a while and coughing for quite some time..i had some money saved up and I went..So I got up and went to a local quick care office and I felt comfortable and calm...it was a very nice office and facility and the physician's assistant was really nice and professional he even made me laugh...he was really nice....I'd go there anytime I think..

my blood pressure was just fine.

I got a z-pack for my infection in my sinus and my coughing...my stupid ear has been making me really dizzy and my stomach has been hurting.....really painful!!!I had an infected ear as well...I know I will start feeling better now that I finally made myself go and had the money saved up....without insurance, office calls are expensive and so are medicines.......save up your dollars....lol.

It rained lots this morning and that silly dog ran out in the pasture and got cow poop all over him and ran around the yard and jumped all over me this morning!!!...he's so goofy...he makes me laugh..sometimes he runs in circles around the yard and it makes me laugh and laugh he's always happy or running or jumping all over me...I tired trimming his toe nails yesterday with the dog toe nail trimmers and he wouldn't hold still for nothing!!!....Haha!!! I think I might have actually trimmed 4 nails I think anyway!!!...

I'm very careful about trimming cat & dogs nails because they have short quicks in the paw nails and you can hurt them really bad if you aren't careful and watch what you are doing so I did just great on that except I only trimmed 4...he's so funny!!!...He likes to give my calf Stormy kisses on her nose and and she likes to play with him too...

Gave him a flea & tick bath too the other day, and he makes such a mess shaking all that water off of his fur!!!...all pets need flea & tick baths all the time because those insects will make them very sick and make you sick as well if you get bitten by one....I hate ticks & fleas! ;(

I was thinking about all the old people at the nursing homes and the homeless shelters today....I feel sad for all the elderly people...some of them don't have anyone to take care of them and they have no family.....homeless veterans in the nursing homes and in the homeless shelters...I think that's soooo sad...makes me want to cry...

I just think people should take time and think about doing nice things for the elderly...we have taken food and clothing to nursing homes and did things for homeless shelters at the holidays...we even did some singing with my church a few years ago at the nursing homes and took them flowers and small gift baskets....I'd like to do that again sometime....those people appreciate things like that and you feel good about your life when you do nice things like that for people.....

it made me cry just to see them smile..i feel bad for the elderly in nursing homes, and the shut-ins in communities.....homeless people need to know people care too! ;)

they really just want people to know they care and they have dementia and pains and aches and feel bad most the time...and you have to think about how sad they must feel....I'm sure they get depressed a lot as well....so when they don't have any family to stop by the nursing homes and see them or care about them the saddest thing is that they might feel forgotten and nobody wants to ever feel that way....

it's just the right thing to always remember homeless veterans and all homeless people and those elderly veterans and all elderly people in the nursing homes....I'd like to start that sometime at churches again and help out that way...it's the right thing to do...

elderly people have all kinds of ailments and they are in pain a lot and it  makes me very sad when they are real old like that and have no one to stop by and see them or give them a gift basket or something...at church a few years ago we would put in the gift baskets a few items that they could use at the nursing homes, like soaps, hand lotions, blankets, socks, candy, flowers, and the elderly women like makeup and nail polish...that's cute!

we also have taken board games to them like checkers and sometimes chess....we used the travel size of those things and made gift baskets out of those items and blankets you could make or just buy fairly inexpensive...always bright or colorful for the elderly...

at the holidays we always put together Thanksgiving and Christmas gift baskets/food baskets and take to the nursing homes/shelters....for the needy people and they have also taken those food baskets to the prison ministries which I think is also a great thing to do....

we had fundraisers like bake sales/garage sales to raise money for those things and sold raffles for prizes with community singing and revivals occasionally.....it's always a lot of fun for me to help out the communities that way and people who need to know someone cares....you can also meet lots of new friends that way as well!!!

bought some red vines today..strawberry licorice...I don't like the black licorice though at all...it's gross to me...icky!..i think so anyway....lol.

love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment