Saturday, October 29, 2016

electric blankets and throws....



One item that I enjoy during the cooler weather, the very cold winter evenings and nights is the electric blanket...

I like to place them onto the top of my bed and then i place a blanket over them...I keep them plugged in the wall outlet and turned down on a lower temperature....When i leave for the day in the mornings i always make very sure i unplug them from the wall outlet to prevent fires, and to make very sure that all pets are not able to be shocked by chewing on the cords....

I keep the cord for my electric blanket along the sides of my bed frame at the bottom, tucked away gently there, so nothing is setting on it, or mashing the cords to fray them...that way, pets cannot chew on them this way.....i try to keep the cords underneath the bed and i always monitor my pets so they will not be chewing on them...

remember that IF you are diabetic you do not need to be sleeping underneath or have the blanket turned way up!!!..You may burn your skin and severely hurt yourself this way....Diabetics need to keep the blankets turned way down....

these are in many different color hues and i enjoy my electric blanket...i sleep very well in the cold nights with mine turned on medium heat...maybe a 4 or 5 degree on the dial...feels good when you have pains...works wonders for mine....arthritis flares on me in the very very icy cold nights and i like my electric blanket to keep me warm and comfy...

these can be somewhat pricey, i saved money back for mine.

I cannot wait to be able to use mine again!....lol....BUT the weather is still very warm here....oh, i wish it would get cooler soon....I place mine onto my bed, turn the heat on, and watch tv at night in my bed...i fall to sleep peacefully.....I would recommend these electric blankets to anyone who needs warmth and comfort at night when you are restless, chilly, and need to rest nicely!

a good brand i have enjoyed throughout the years is:

SunBeam

Also i enjoy the heated throw blankets that you also plug into the wall outlet...these are many different colors and some of these have pictures on them & designs!...these are so cute...i like the ones with puppies, kittens---any animals, angels, Bible Scripture with scenes, also those with stars on them.....or any farm scenery...anything cute!....very soft and comforting.....

the heated throw blankets are good for when you are setting in the chair to rest or sleep...i like to place the heated throw blanket on my aches & pains when setting in a chair to rest....

the most affordable i have seen these heated throws is $30....but well worth the money!

I think when so many people have difficulty sleeping comfortable, and resting peacefully, it is generally stresses from your life, stress from your day, depression, or whatever may be upsetting you daily....I think to sleep well you need to be comfortable and i know in the harsh cold winters and the chilly nights a person needs to be warm to relax...the electric blanket works well for me and sleeping peacefully.....

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment