Thursday, April 11, 2019

Sewing !!!!!

I had to work on sewing a button on a shirt sleeve I have today, this week I discovered many repairs needed to a shirt or two after feeding cattle......I know how to sew some items, the buttons are the easiest !!! Nice know how for each of us to have in our lives .......

Sewing all the time as I have been growing up from child age to now adult, I know sewing is a artsy creative tool to have on stand by, nice craft project, sewing clothing is often much needed for us to create more so larger clothing closets !!!! I know how to use the clothing creation patterns, WASH fabrics before you prepare for patterns !!!!! FOLD on the grain side together, use the tailors pins and press fabrics with the iron....the remove pieces with tailors cloth scissors !!!! Attach as instructions say to !!!

Patterns for sewing most anything are available EVERYWHERE......I find most at Wal-Mart, hobby lobby, Joanns, Michaels, craft stores, cloth stores, or on the internet.....!!!!! I have a few I purchased years ago on sale at a store, many to choose from the brands books are at the stores to browse for the items you are wishing to create / sew.....!!!! Two brands I know of Buttericks + Mcalls, other variety brands out there for each of us on sale also, maybe on the internet for purchase !!!!

These items I use and have collected many years or have been gifted from family as heirloom ::::::

-- scissors, for cutting cloth, left handed also.
-- tailors pins
-- tape measure
-- thimble
-- pin cushion
-- rotary cutter
-- cutting board with measure system
-- threads on spools, ALL color hues
-- hoops for holding sewing project, all sizes
-- embroidery light 
-- embroidery holders
-- tailor chalk
-- wash and erase cloth pens
-- sewing machine with pedal
-- seam ripper, for mistakes
-- sewing storage boxes
-- sewing machine parts, ALL restore !!!!
-- quilt supply ALL, collected !!!
-- buttons, unique, cutie !!!
-- patches for repairs, plain + whimsy !!!
-- iron and ironing board, easier !!!
-- magnetic board for embroidery and magnets, hold place
-- plenty fabric on bolts !!!!! Plain + darling !!!
-- magnify glass, see sewing stitches up close as I sew.
-- sewing needles, all gauges / sizes.....

Sewing can be a challenge and takes practice I know this !!! Being taught by those who can encourage practice and patience is the best way to learn.......NEVER give up on a challenge !!!! Sewing properly takes much time........nice to have as craft idea, or to create art outlet for the mind, slows me down to calm sometimes !!! Focus on the sewing and have complete quiet time at home, much easier......

Sewing is an old style from older times, tradition for most !!! I think sewing is something we can enjoy as we wish ya know ????? Sure helps to know how to create repairs for torn clothing and button on the sleeves repair !!!!     :)

Quiet time..............

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment